I believe in these truths fundamental to Christianity.
- Divine Creation: I believe that God created everything that was created. (John 1:1-3)
- Verbal Inspiration and Inerrancy of Scripture: I believe that the Bible is the Word of God and was written by His inspiration and entrusted to authors that accurately recorded His words. From the reading and meditating on Scripture we are able to know God and think, feel and act according to His teachings. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Virgin Birth of Christ: I believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin as the scriptures foretold. (Isaiah 7:14, Luke 1:34)
- Christ’s Deity: I believe Jesus is the Son of God and as part of the Triune God, (The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit) He is God that put on flesh and lived a perfect life to show us God The Father. (John 10:30, John 14:6-7)
- Substitutionary Atonement: I believe Jesus died for the sins of every person. His blood atoned for sin and pays the price for redemption of everyone who trusts His sacrifice on their personal behalf. (Hebrews 9:12, John 3:16)
- Bodily Resurrection: I believe Jesus, after dying on the cross, had His body placed in a burial tomb, arose on the third day, and was seen by many before His ascension to Heaven. (Luke 24:1-7, Luke 24:50-51)
- Physical Return: I believe Jesus will return to this earth and establish His kingdom. (Revelation 19:11-16)
- Existence of a Literal Heaven and Hell: I believe that Heaven exists and is the place where God lives and has His throne established. (2 Chronicles 30:27, Psalm 103:19) I believe Hell exists as a place of torment for those who die without accepting the free gift of salvation offered by the gospel. Eventually death and hell will be cast into “the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:14)
The Plan of Salvation: “Gospel” means “Good News” and that is exactly what it is! Every person born after the original sin in the Garden of Eden inherited a sin debt that they would never be able to pay. We can’t work hard enough, earn enough money, do enough good deeds or devise our own plan to pay it. Our parents can’t pay it for us or even our best friends. There is only one form of payment that the God who created us accepts, the blood of His Son Jesus.
Now I don’t mean literal blood, figuratively, it is the sacrifice His own Son offered on our behalf that God accepts. Jesus loved mankind so much, He willingly, even though He lived a perfect life and committed no sin, allowed Himself to be punished to satisfy His Father to let us back into the pure fellowship the first man and woman enjoyed in the garden.
This doesn’t mean that all the bad things that came about because of that first sin are erased. But it does mean something immeasurably important to us, that we are forgiven. So now when the bad stuff happens we have a Friend that helps us handle it and causes us to be a help to others until He calls us to the place that is perfect, Heaven.
The gospel says, Jesus came here, as a baby He was born here and then grew-up to live a life among us. He committed no sin, but for our sins, He submitted to the cruel death of crucifixion. He was buried here, He rose from the dead here, that we may have abundant life.
Salvation is not automatic, but believing in what Jesus has done on your behalf has the power to save you from the power of sin and death.
Dear friend, I wish I could be with you right now if you are reading these words and want to make a decision. I would tell you that Jesus is so good and knowing Him is the most precious thing in my life and gives me hope for the future that no one can take away. I would tell you that having Jesus for yourself is very simple, as close as a simple prayer.
Bow your heart and say something like this, “Father, I know I need Jesus. I am asking for Him to come into my life right now, to forgive me of my sins, to help me be a new person inside. Thank you for Jesus, teach me to pray, worship and serve Him with my life, From this day forward. Amen.”
As with everything else I believe about God and His doctrine, there is Scripture that backs up what I have just written. Here are some important references to visit if you are thinking about making a decision or just have made a decision for Christ: Romans 1:16, Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:6, Romans 5:8-9, Romans 5:12, Romans 6:23, Romans 10:9, Romans 10:13.
One of the most important things you can do next is to find fellowship with other believers in a local church. I’ve mentioned mine in this blog but there are others that follow the teachings of the Bible, hopefully in your area. Pray for God to lead you to a friend and show you where He wants you to worship and serve. God Bless You!